April 17 is National Volunteer Week. Sometimes discreet, volunteer members are omnipresent in the military landscape and their families. Who are they? How many are there? What do they do? Meet the volunteers of the Valcartier Military Family Resource Centre:
- At the VMFRC, there are a total of 11 committees.
- In 2022, a total of 2,714 volunteer hours were donated to the VMFRC.
- Last year, nearly 30 activities were organized by volunteers.
- The Centre has a total of 114 active volunteers in the Valcartier community.
- An impressive number of volunteers, not to mention the additional presence of 91 teenagers.
- The majority of the committees are made up of military spouses, military personnel, veterans and family members of military personnel/veterans.
It is with great gratitude that we wish to thank all the volunteers of the past and future years; it is thanks to all of you that our community is so well represented. You provide us with access to unifying and enriching activities. Let’s hope that the years to come will be as successful. Let’s volunteer in unison!